We know that if you are coming to us, it’s because you are not in the best situation. If you were injured because of another’s lapse in judgment, carelessness, or reckless actions, at PNW Trial Lawyers, we hope you have a successful and speedy recovery. However, we understand that it can be difficult to recover when you’re handling insurance disputes with the at-fault party or concerned about medical expenses or property damage. Our attorneys are here to help make your road to recovery as smooth as possible.
If you or a loved one suffered catastrophic injuries because of the negligent actions of another, someone could be held liable. Regardless of whether it’s an individual, company, or agency, the at-fault party can be held accountable for your damages or the wrongful death of a loved one. At PNW Trial Lawyers, we are tireless advocates for families and individuals who have been injured.
If you suffered severe damages due to the negligence of an employer or third party, retain legal help and review your options. Do not underestimate your injuries. A slip and fall injury can be as severe as the injuries suffered in a truck accident. Many accidents can lead to head injuries, lost limbs, broken bones, and even worse. The physical, emotional, mental, and financial impact of an injury can be draining and overwhelming. Although not all personal injury claims are the same, at PNW Trial Lawyers, we know the emotional and financial damage these accidents can have on you and your loved ones.
When you call PNW Trial Lawyers, our caring and knowledgeable legal assistants and attorneys are ready to help you. We are here to guide and provide you with the resources we have so that we can help you go after the compensation you’re entitled to.
Experienced & Dedicated Attorneys
The attorneys at PNW Trial Lawyers have been proud advocates for the injured victims of accidents in Washington since 1977. Our attorneys vigorously represent our clients’ best interests and pursue the most favorable outcome possible for their case. We serve clients in Bellingham, Washington, as well as in Mount Vernon, Everett, Anacortes, and the surrounding areas of Snohomish, Whatcom, and Skagit counties. At PNW Trial Lawyers, we are compassionate, hard-working, and thorough professionals. Our legal assistants and injury attorneys provide our clients with attention, respect, and understanding. If your case ends in a settlement or goes to trial, at PNW Trial Lawyers, we will be with you every step of the way. We genuinely and truly care about your rights, representation, and recovery.
Contact us at (360) 483-5201 to schedule a free consultation.
Types of Tort Claims in Washington
Personal injury is a part of tort law designed to compensate individuals for physical, mental, and emotional damages that resulted from an accident caused by the negligence of another party. However, the laws regarding personal injury can be a labyrinth. Not all cases are the same, and every situation is different. It is important to consult with an attorney to better understand your legal options.
There are multiple situations and cases in which tort rules can apply. For instance, in accidents, defective products, and defamation claims, different tort laws must be followed. In other words, depending on your case, different laws, regulations, and rules can apply. It is vital to consult with an attorney. A personal injury claim can be filed whether an individual was in a truck accident and suffered injuries due to another’s carelessness or if a person had their personally-identifiable information taken to commit fraud.
Every state has a statute of limitations in Washington State for personal injury claims it is three years. This means that in most cases, you have only three years from the date the injury occurred to bring your claim to court. Personal injury claims are extremely sensitive, and it is vital to consult with an experienced professional. Allowing time to pass after your injury can hinder your ability to recover compensation for your injuries.
Below are the tort claims the attorneys at PNW Trial Lawyers tackle:
- Cannabis Litigation – Marijuana is a growing industry, and many individuals use this medically or recreationally. Smoking weed is not a danger; nevertheless, it becomes a danger when you are under the influence and operating heavy machinery. Cannabis can decrease your reaction time. Therefore, if someone who was under the influence of marijuana caused your injuries, that person can be held responsible.
- Catastrophic Injuries – Many accidents lead to catastrophic injuries, like fractured bones and traumatic brain injury. These injuries can happen because of a slip and fall accident while on the job or at someone’s premises. Catastrophic injuries can be long-term and entail many medical bills.
- Construction Injury – The construction industry is a growing and unsafe career. Employers, contractors, supervisors, or subcontractors should consider your safety as a priority. However, some employers are negligent. If you suffered injuries while at work, it’s important to know your rights, let us fight for your compensation.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – Car accidents can happen, whether you were in a rear-end collision or a head-on crash. Depending on the type of car accident, your injuries can range from minor whiplash to severe traumatic amputation. Motor vehicle accidents include being in a collision with another car, a truck, an 18-wheeler, or a motorcycle.
- Premises Liability – Property owners have a responsibility to those who are invited or licensed to work in their property. Homeowners, government agencies, and corporations have a responsibility to make sure their areas are safe for the people who work or enter their area. We defend your legal rights. Whether you fell or a loved one drowned at a homeowner’s pool, we are here for you.
- Privacy Litigation – With the growing age of technology and our prevalent presence in the digital world, our information is easily accessible. Yet, we expect the corporations that we entrust with our information to care and protect it. Having your information hacked or taken is an intentional and malicious act. The breach of your information can lead to future complications.
- Product Liability or Defects – When we buy or consume a product, we expect it to be safe to use or consume. At times motor vehicle collisions occur not because the driver was negligent but because the car, truck, or motorcycle had a manufacturing defect. These types of claims can be challenging.
- Railroad Accidents – Train and railroad are a big part of a commuter’s transportation. Yet, when a train or railroad derails or crashes with another train, the injuries suffered by the surviving victims are horrendous. These injuries range from paralysis to the wrongful death of a loved one. Railroad corporations have a responsibility to their passengers.
- Recreational Accidents – Washington State has beautiful scenery, magnificent parks, and a wonderful coastline. Recreational activities are abundant for those who are visiting or live in Washington. Some activities include fishing or boating. However, these activities come with risks and can result in severe injuries. Some common injuries are brain, neck, and knee injury.
- Wrongful Death – When a family member or a loved one dies because of the careless actions of another, that can lead to a wrongful death claim.
Attorneys for Personal Injury in Washington
The various ways a person can be injured are endless, and multiple parties may be at fault. Whether you suffered bodily harm because of another party’s negligence or emotional anguish because of the wrongful death of a loved one, seek legal help. At PNW Trial Lawyers, our devoted personal injury attorneys are here for our clients and their families.
We cherish our clients and their families. If you were hurt or a loved one was killed, we are here to help you. At PNW Trial Lawyers, we understand the emotional distress that can result from the negligent actions of another. Our attorneys want to assist you because we know that the process can be lengthy and that your family needs to be provided for. Contact us at (360) 483-5201 to schedule a free consultation.