After an accident, you may be wondering what to do next. It is reasonable to feel disoriented and confused. It is important that the first thing you do is seek medical attention. If you were in a car accident or motorcycle accident, your injuries may be more than just simple joint pains. Viewing a medical professional can help you determine if there are any severe injuries or long term impacts to your health or overall way of living.
An accident can have you wondering how you will pay for your damages, medical expenses, emotional distress, and much more. What happens if you are not able to return to work? Speaking with a qualified attorney can help you figure out your legal options, what resources are available to you, and how to seek compensations for your injuries.
Lawyer for Personal Injury Damages
If you have sustained severe injuries such as fractured bones, a concussion, or a brain injury because of another’s reckless or careless actions, contact a skilled and aggressive personal injury attorney from PNW Trial Lawyers. Any catastrophic injury should not be taken lightly, because it can have a profound and long-term impact on your life. At PNW Trial Lawyers, we can help guide you through the process, file the claims on your behalf, review the policies, and analyze the facts pertaining to your case. We want you to recover from your injuries if you sustained any and want to help you seek compensation for your damages.
Contact us at (360) 483-5201 for a free initial consultation or submit an online contact form. We serve clients in Bellingham, Mt. Vernon, Everett, Anacortes, as well as the surrounding areas of Whatcom County, Skagit County, and Snohomish County.
What are some types of damages in a Personal Injury case?
If you have sustained an injury in any kind of accident (i.e., car accident, boating, motorcycle accident, etc.) that you believe it was another person’s fault, then it’s a good idea to seek the help of an experienced personal injury attorney. Below are types of damages that a victim may recover as a result of another’s negligence.
- Medical Expenses – After any kind of accident, it is crucial that you seek medical help. Going to the hospital or scheduling an appointment with your doctor can help you with your health and your case. Additionally, medical bills do pile up and they can be expensive. If you were injured and became paralyze you may require physical therapy, extensive treatment, and the injury is a long-term consequence.
- Lost Income – If you have been unemployed because of your injury, you can receive compensation for your lost wages or income. This can also include the income that you may have lost because of the injury or treatment such as therapy or being hospitalized. If you are unable to work and your injury left your permanently disabled, then it is imperative to seek a legal help.
- Pain and Suffering – This form of damage is considered to be a non-economic damage, because it cannot be quantified and given a dollar figure so easily. Damages for pain and suffering are based on the accident and injuries:
- Pain caused by the accident
- The physical difficulties and discomfort as a result of the essential medical treatments
- Mental anguish, anxiety, psychological effects from the accident and resulting in injuries
- Wrongful Death Damages – Losing a loved one because of another’s carelessness, misconduct, or negligence is devastating. It is incredibly heart wrenching to witness families and individuals in such distress. In Washington State, wrongful death claims can be a complicated process; nevertheless, this should not stop you from seeking compensation after being deprived of a loved one. Below are some of the compensations included:
- The deceased loved one’s before-death “pain and suffering”
- Medical expenses incurred by the loved one before his or her death
- Funeral and/or burial cost
- Loss of the expected income of the loved one
- Punitive Damages – This is paid to the plaintiff (the victim of the accident) as a form of punishment towards the defendant. It is meant to deteriorate neglectful behavior in the future.
Finding a Personal Injury Attorney for Damages of Victims in Accidents
If you are visiting the state of Washington and you sustained severe injuries in a car, truck, motorcycle, or recreational accident, contact an experienced attorney from PNW Trial Lawyers. Accidents can happen and it is important that you and your family are able to recover from your physical, economical, and financial damage. At PNW Trial Lawyers, our team of legal personal injury attorneys have over 50 years of collective experience helping and representing our clients in various tort claims.
Retaining an attorney is a difficult choice, nevertheless, it is extremely important that you are represented. The attorneys at PNW Trial Lawyers have been successful in relentlessly representing their clients and making sure that they have beneficial results. Contact us today at (360) 483-5201 to schedule a free consultation and strategy session.
Our firm serves clients in and around the surrounding areas of Bellingham, Everett, Mount Vernon, Anacortes, Whatcom County, Skagit County and Snohomish County.